Why buy those expensive body care products when you can make them yourself?
1. Homemade Sunscreen
Olive or almond oil, ½ cup
Coconut oil, ¼ cup
Beeswax, ¼ cup
Zinc oxide, 2 tbsp
Essential oils, optional
- Combine ingredients in a 16 oz. (or larger) jar. Cover with the lid loosely.
- Fill a saucepan (medium size), with 2 inches of water. Put glass jar in middle of pan. Set stove to medium heat.
- Stir or share the jar’s contents as it heats in the pan. When all ingredients are melted and incorporated, transfer to tin, tube, or another jar you’ll be using as storage. Let it cool and form into a cream.
- Use as any regular sunscreen
2. Homemade Deodorant
Bentonite clay, 1 tbsp.
Arrowroot powder, 4 tbsp.
Baking soda, 4 tbsp.
Coconut oil, 6 tbsp.
Essential oil, 10 drops, optional
- Put the dry ingredients into a jar (16 oz.). Add coconut oil into the clay. Stir using glass, wooden, or plastic utensil.
- Pour deodorant into a container you’ll use as storage. You may use a traditional roll-up tube or another glass jar.
- Use as any deodorant.
3. Facial Wash
Chamomile tea, brewed and cooled, ¾ cup
Liquid castile soap, ¼ cup
Organic almond oil, ½ tsp
Vitamin E oil, 3 to 4 drops, optional
Frankincense essential oil, 8 drops
Lavender essential oil, 8 drops
- Put organic almond oil, liquid castile soap, and vitamin E oil in a 6 oz. soap bottle.
- Add in the essential oils.
- Fill the bottle with chamomile tea.
- Shake well.
- To use, shake bottle well and add 2 to 3 pumps of facial wash on your hands. Massage onto face and rinse with warm water.
4. Facial Scrub
Baking soda, ½ cup
Frankincense, 8 drops
Lavender, 8 drops
- Mix all the ingredients well and store in a jar.
- To use, make a paste by mixing 1 to 2 tsp. and water. Lightly massage the paste onto skin. This will gently exfoliate the skin. Do this for 2 minutes then rinse with water.
5. Facial Toner
Filtered water, 2/3 cup
Raw apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup
Lavender essential oil, optional
Frankincense essential oil, optional
- Mix all ingredients in a glass bottle or jar.
- User like any other facial toner. Apply twice a day.
6. Eye Cream
Green tea, ¼ cup
NeoDefend, 1/8 tsp.
Rosehip seed oil, 1 tbsp.
Sweet almond oil, 1 tbsp
Vitamin E, ¼ tsp.
Emulsifying wax, 1 tsp.
Carrot seed essential oil, 1 drop
Lavender essential oil, 3 drops
- Brew the green tea
- Put water on two sauce pans (medium) until halfway full
- In each pan place a glass bowl with spout. Set stove to medium heat
- Add rosehip seed oil, wax, sweet almond oil, and vitamin E oil into one of the pots.
- Add the NeoDefend and green tea to the other pot.
- Heat both pans until the wax has completely melted
- Check temperature on both pots, it should be both 130 degrees.
- Pour the water mixture into the oil mixture
- Mix the cream using a hand blender
- When completely mixed, add the essential oils
- Store in a glass or plastic container
- To use, apply a small amount around the eye gently.
Argan oil, 2 oz.
Frankincense essential oil, 15 drops
Lavender essential oil, 10 drops
- Mix the essential oils in a bottle with a dropper cap.
- Fill the bottle up with argan oil
- Screw the dropper cap on and shake well. Store in a dry and cool area.
- To use, apply twice a day after washing your face. 4 to 6 drops per application should be enough.
8. Lip Balm
Lavender or lemon essential oil, 10 drops
Organic almond oil, 1 tbsp
Organic extra virgin coconut oil, 2 tbsp.
Cosmetic-grade, organic beeswax pastilles, 1.5 tbsp.
- Melt the ingredients using double boiling method (indirect heat).
- Once melted, remove from heat. Add in the essential oils.
- Transfer to lip balm tins. Let cool for 2 hours until firm.
- Use like any other lip balm.
9. Facial Serum
Rosehip seed oil, 1 oz.
Frankincense essential oil, 5 drops
Myrrh essential oil, 5 drops
Lavender essential oil, 5 drops
Aroma life essential oil, 5 drops
Rose, 2 drops
- Mix all the essential oils in a bottle with dropper cap.
- Fill up with rosehip seed oil
- To use, apply twice a day. Use around eyes and mouth, or other trouble areas on face.
10. Shave Gel
Aloe vera gel, 4 tbsp.
Fractionated coconut oil, 1 tsp
Vegetable glycerin, ½ tsp
Vitamin E oil, ½ tsp.
Cedarwood essential oil, 3 drops
Orange essential oil, 3 drops
- Combine all ingredients in a 2 oz. jar or bottle. Shake until well combined.
- To use, apply on wet face and shave normally.